While Second Century Ventures deploys capital and assists its portfolio companies in much the same way a traditional VC firm would, it can also provide additional benefits by leveraging the vast resources of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® While every portfolio company has a unique offering and situation, all can benefit from the Strategy, Capabilities and Vision of Second Century Ventures and NAR.
- Focus on real estate: Bringing an unmatched knowledge, education pool and market awareness.
- An Immediate Market: With over 1 million members, NAR has the ability to reach millions of other industry professionals and consumers through its resources and networks.
- Member Benefits: An opportunity to reach Members through the exclusive NAR REALTOR Benefits ® Program, immediately fueling growth by increasing impressions and conversion rates.
- Patient Capital: Unlike a traditional VC fund with a finite fund life from which to meet its expected ROI, Second Century Ventures is a long term investor. While a financial return is imperative, our mission is to spur innovation and provide benefits to the industry. The fund supports growth in the timeline which is right for the portfolio company.
- Market Research: NAR knows the industry and its players better than anyone. Its marketing team has amassed extensive market data and has the ability to provide customized research to serve its affiliates.
- Technology Services: NAR's Center for REALTOR® Technology (CRT) provides technology guidance and facilitates the adoption and use of technology in the industry. The CRT team can work with portfolio companies to enrich their products and serve their customers better.
- Tangential Verticals: Ability to leverage NAR's influence and connections to reach tangential industry verticals including Government, Financial Services Education and others.
- Operational Assistance: Product management, strategic direction, product planning, public relations, financial accounting, planning and analysis.
NAR recently celebrated its Centennial and is The Voice for Real Estate. While many young faces keep the organization fresh, veterans of the company know the industry, its advocates and players inside and out. From Capitol Hill to thriving urban capitals to small town America, and everything in between -if there is a group or individual you want to know better, chances are someone at NAR can make an introduction (and knows to make it even before you do).
Second Century Ventures can also put together an Advisory Board or institute directors that are authorities on the market you are trying to reach. Whether it is experts from within the Membership or leading experts that address the broader scope of your industry, NAR can facilitate matching you and your company with the best thinkers in the industry to help you grow your business.